[mythtv-users] Trouble installing lirc on FC4 (lirc-kmdl-2.6.14-1.1653_FC4)

Tommy Nijem tnijem at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 22:43:54 UTC 2006

Hello I am using Jarod Wilson's Myth install guide for FC4.
Everything works OK except for lirc. I believe the problem is that there is
not a packge for lirc built for my kernel version. I am somewhat new to
linux(long time computer user...just not Linux). So I may be off base.
Anyways, when I try "# yum install lirc-kmdl-$KVER" I see "no match for
argument lirc-kmdl-2.6.14-1.1653_FC4".
I did a lot of googling and searching but could not find the answer. I also
tried installing lirc 0.7.2 from lirc.org but when I tried to compile I
received an error that my kernel sources were missing.
I am a bit over my head here and looking for some knowledgeable advice.
Thanks in advance for any help.