[mythtv-users] Recorded programs don't show in Watching Records list

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 15 21:07:27 UTC 2006

Daniel Savard wrote:
> I am having a strange problem. The programs were actually recorded  in
> the filesystem and the database records were partially updated. When I
> tried to watch the programs, they didn't show in the list of recorded
> programs in the GUI. However, they are in the database and the files
> are in the filesystem. The directory entry in the settings table is
> correct as well.
>
> After looking in recorded table I noticed the file names were not in
> the basename column. So, I added them manually. The files are having
> the .nuv extension. I then retried to watch the programs and they
> still don't show up in the list. I looked again at the recorded table
> and noticed the filesize was not correct as well. I updated the fields
> manually again. Still don't show up in the list.
>
> In the oldrecorded the programs are there as well as in the
> recordedprogram table. So, what is going on with this? I noticed other
> programs are having .mpg extensions. Should I change the .nuv to .mpg
> in the database and in the filenames?
>
> I even ran the mythcommflag --file file_name --rebuild script which
> completed without errors.
>
> Any hints would be appreciated.
Sounds like you have/have had multiple versions of Myth running.  Did
you by any chance upgrade from KnoppMyth R5A22 to either R5A26 or
R5A30?  Do you have a backend running a different version from a
frontend?  Do you have multiple frontends, perhaps with different
versions?  Do you have multiple installations of Myth (i.e. one in /usr
and one in /usr/local)?

Mike