[mythtv-users] Recorded programs don't show in Watching Records list

Daniel Savard daniel.savard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 08:08:04 UTC 2006

I am having a strange problem. The programs were actually recorded  in the
filesystem and the database records were partially updated. When I tried to
watch the programs, they didn't show in the list of recorded programs in the
GUI. However, they are in the database and the files are in the filesystem.
The directory entry in the settings table is correct as well.

After looking in recorded table I noticed the file names were not in the
basename column. So, I added them manually. The files are having the .nuv
extension. I then retried to watch the programs and they still don't show up
in the list. I looked again at the recorded table and noticed the filesize
was not correct as well. I updated the fields manually again. Still don't
show up in the list.

In the oldrecorded the programs are there as well as in the recordedprogram
table. So, what is going on with this? I noticed other programs are having
.mpg extensions. Should I change the .nuv to .mpg in the database and in the
filenames?

I even ran the mythcommflag --file file_name --rebuild script which
completed without errors.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Regards,