[mythtv-users] Controlling multiple GI-2200 cable boxes via lirc

obscure information. obscure411 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 16:16:49 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've got a myth system I've been running successfully for a few days now
with a single PVR-150 capture card in it, and I'm looking to install a
PVR-500 alongside it so that I can record 2 shows and still watch live tv.
Currently I'm using an IR blaster from www.irblaster.info and their
configuration instructions for using an external cable box, which
coincidentally uses the same programming as my GI-2200.

I'm wondering what my best option is for controlling 3 GI-2200 boxes with
one or two IR blasters?  I've noticed that on the irblaster.info site that
he has a 4-LED IR blaster on one serial wire available as well as a 2-LED
blaster.  Does anyone have any experience trying to control multiple 2200's
(or equivalent) with one serial cable?  I've seen reference on a few sites
re: satellite boxes that can do this if they are programmed to receive
alternate IR commands, but I doubt that will work on my older cable boxes...

Thanks in advance!

~Drew, the annoying Linux newbie.