[mythtv-users] programs that are scheduled a minute early/run a minute late

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Jan 15 16:15:20 UTC 2006

It seems that the networks (most likely in an effort to thwart us
time-shifting, commercial-skipping "content thieves") are scheduling
programs to start and/or end a minute early/late.  For example, on 1/26
at 9:59PM, ER is scheduled to air.  It will only be recorded of course
if there is not something scheduled in the 9-10 timeslot.

This can be dealt with easily enough (manually) simply by scheduling the
9-10 program to stop recording a minute early.  It's a pain to have to
watch the scheduled programs list for this kind of situation however.

What about a feature in mythtv to always end a recording early if a
conflict overlap is within some allowed time?  So I could set mine to 1
minute and if the scheduler ever sees a time overlap of a minute or
less, it will schedule the preceding program a minute early.

I suppose one could/should also be able to choose to start the
subsequent program late, allowing the previous program to complete.  Or
maybe even split the difference.  Whatever.  I just know that having to
do this manually is less than optimal.

Thots?

b.

Brian J. Murrell