[mythtv-users] svn stable == trunk ?

Ronald Pijnacker pijnacker at dse.nl
Sat Jan 14 19:25:12 UTC 2006

> On 1/14/06, Ronald Pijnacker wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In the last week, there has been some talk whether svn stable was
> > usable or not for the average Joe. So, I thought I might as well
> > try out the stable svn to see the differences with 0.18.1.
> >
> > However, from the main web-site I could not identify which is the
> > stable svn. Is this trunk? branches/release-0-18-fixes? Something
> > all together different?

> Stable SVN, :D  Military Intelligence!  :D  These are oxymorons.

The fact that you put things under version control does not exclude
that you keep a branch with well tested change sets.
Also, a recent thread on usability feedback suggested that there
was at least one development branch stable enough for a `production'
system.

> Basically, Stable is 0.18, or you can go unstable/bleeding edge and go
> SVN.  Your options are laid out on trac I think quite nicely:
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/wiki
> Stable link:
> svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-18-fixes/mythtv
> SVN link:
> svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv

So, apparently I am looking for release-0-81-fixes? Somehow this sounds
like a minor delta to 0.18.1.

	Ronald.