[mythtv-users] X.org modeline for Samsung HLR5067W?

matthew.garman@gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 02:26:27 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 10:44:14PM -0700, James C. Dastrup wrote:
> much.  Finally I learned that I didn't need a modeline and Xorg
> would determine the settings on its own using the PC Input. Now,
> the picture is perfect, with only a slight overscan, maybe 5-15
> pixels in each direction.  When watching TV,  a little overscan is
> _good_, since most broadcasts have a crappy edge because overscan

What video card do you have?  I'm assuming you have the resolution
set to 1280x720?

My video card is the geforce mx 440 (onboard GPU built into the
Chaintech 7NIF2 motherboard).  For this card, 1280x720 doesn't seem
to be a "built in" mode, so I'm *forced* to use the Modeline...
unless I'm missing something.

I'm using the same Modeline you posted in your original post right
now, with no overscan and just a slight black border.  It's *almost*
perfect, but I agree with you, a hint of overscan would be
preferable (if for no other reason than I paid a lot for this TV and
I don't want to lose a single inch of viewable area!).

Thanks again,
Matt

--
Matt Garman