[mythtv-users] DVICO Fusion HDTV 5 Lite vs HD3000

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 01:30:20 UTC 2006

I've both tuners. I'm using OTA HD. Both record equally well, no
reception problems whatsoever. I had to keep them one pci slot apart
though. So, HD3K is in slot 1 and Lite is in slot 3.

Also, both lite and gold have 5th generation chipset. Someone said its
4th gen, but they are wrong. Goto the dvico website and do comparison.
The digital portion is SAME, only the analog is different. Lite has 8
bit bt878 whereas gold has 10bit cx chipset. Gold also comes with
remote and tons of the other *windows* software. Lite is $50 cheaper
than gold.