[mythtv-users] 1080i & Mitsubishi WS-48311

Jason Kraftcheck jkraftch at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 13 22:43:28 UTC 2006

Allan Wilson wrote:
> When I was trying to this on my Sony someone pointed out to me that if I
> had a 5000 or 6000 series nVidia card that you can check you log file
> and it will tell you the parameters for the modeline. I haven't been
> able to do this because I have a 4000 series card but you can check it
> out. Let me know if it works b/c I am going to get a new card soon and
> was planning on trying that when I got it. Hope this helps some.

I don't think this will work for me.  I assume you are saying that the
card will report the EDID data from the TV.  As I'm connecting to the TV
with a VGA-to-RGBHV breakout cable (rather than using a DVI or VGA
connector on the TV), there's no EDID information available.

If you want to get the EDID information for your TV (assuming you're
using the appropriate type of connection and the TV reports it) you
should be able do this using the read-edid utility.  The Debian package
is "read-edid".  The command you want is "get-edid | parse-edid".  The
latter portion of the output should contain a complete X.org "Monitor"
section for use your the xorg.conf file.