[mythtv-users] ALSA and onboard sound card (ASUS A8V Deluxe with VIA K8T800Pro)

Joacim J jocke4news at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:04:03 UTC 2006

It's 5.1 and it should be the center that doesn't receive any signal.
Using Xine and have "Pass through" configured in Xine. Even if it
would be an old DVD with stereo sound the speach should go to the
front speakers, instead.

I am at work right now but will test it some more when I soon arrive
home (it's friday 5.00 PM in sweden). Ok, since it's friday 13:th
today the machine will probably not even boot ;-)

// Joacim

On 1/13/06, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I have put the configuration file in the mythtv home, disabled the
> > Sound System for mythtv user in FC4 by Control Center -> Sound &
> > Multimedia and uncheck the box and rebooted.
> >
> > When testing it with the famous DVD "Winnie the Poo" (to keep my
> > 2-years son happy) there was played music and such but no speach. I
> > have experienced this some other time in the past but can not remember
> > the solution.
> >
> > Why does this happen and what should I do?
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Joacim
>
> Is the DVD stereo or 5.1? It sounds like its 5.1 but your receiver isn't
> picking up the center channel (where speach is usually placed). Why I can't
> understand, since the asoundrc should (As it does with me) just pass the
> audio stream from the dvd to your receiver. What are you using to playback
> the DVD? I wonder if the software is doing something to the audio stream...
>
> --
> Steve

Regards
Joacim