[mythtv-users] ALSA and onboard sound card (ASUS A8V Deluxe with VIA K8T800Pro)

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:24:50 UTC 2006

On Friday 13 January 2006 04:19, Joacim J wrote:

> I have put the configuration file in the mythtv home, disabled the
> Sound System for mythtv user in FC4 by Control Center -> Sound &
> Multimedia and uncheck the box and rebooted.
>
> When testing it with the famous DVD "Winnie the Poo" (to keep my
> 2-years son happy) there was played music and such but no speach. I
> have experienced this some other time in the past but can not remember
> the solution.
>
> Why does this happen and what should I do?
>
> --
> Regards
> Joacim

Is the DVD stereo or 5.1? It sounds like its 5.1 but your receiver isn't
picking up the center channel (where speach is usually placed). Why I can't
understand, since the asoundrc should (As it does with me) just pass the
audio stream from the dvd to your receiver. What are you using to playback
the DVD? I wonder if the software is doing something to the audio stream...

--
Steve