[mythtv-users] DVI 1080i via ATI Radeon DVI? pink bar issue?

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Thu Jan 12 18:01:42 UTC 2006

On Jan 7, 2006, at 7:02 PM, Steve Adeff wrote:

> I'm looking at possibly getting a new AGP video card for my
> mythbox. I want to
> output 1080i DVI to my TV and since the nvidia drivers currently
> don't allow
> that I'm thinking of going to an ATI Radeon card. I don't use XvMC
> as from
> what I read it doesn't sound like its worth the hassle, I'd just as
> soon buy
> a faster processor.
>
> What I'm worried about is the pink bar issue, which I notice on my
> laptop's
> ATI X200 running at 1280x768 when I try and playback HDTV. I was
> wondering if
> this anyone knows if this is a driver issue, if theres specific
> versions of
> the Radeon that don't have this issue, etc?
>
> I currently run Debian64 kernel=2.6.13 with Xorg 6.9.0(via Debian
> Back Ports)
> on my Mythbox.

My FC3 box (not myth) and my gentoo 2005.x box (used for myth) both
had Radeon 7xxx cards. Both boxes showed the pink bar issue when
trying to play 1080i content via Xv. Playback of 720p content via Xv
was fine. The desktop running at 1280x720 was normal, as expected.
This was tested/seen under the radeon.o XFree86/Xorg driver, not the
ATI binary driver.

I haven't gone back and tried the current radeon.o or ATI driver.

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1