[mythtv-users] Questionaire: What do you have your casepowerbutton do?

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Thu Jan 12 15:00:11 UTC 2006

>> I'd like to know how you turn your myth box on using the IR remote
>> though.  I'm using the IR receiver that came with my Hauppauge Nova-t
>> and IFAIK I can't use this for powering up [I'd be happy to be proved
>> wrong].
>
>I'd also be very interested in knowing how this is done. Currently, my
>power button kills mythfrontend and since its a combined FE/BE and the
>BE is set to shutdown if idle, this will also shut the machine down
>assuming nothing is recording and there are no flagging jobs running.
>I use nvram-wakeup then to automatically power the machine on when it
>needs to record the next show

I have an IR keyboard. The BIOS is configured
to power-on with any key-press.  I programmed my remote to send
the key-presses from my keyboard. That's also how I send all other
commands. I don't use LIRC at all on the front end.  My keyboard
is  always put away and I only need it if I'm working on that
computer for some other purpose.