[mythtv-users] Questionaire: What do you have your case powerbutton do?

Stephen Dolan stephen.dolan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:51:32 UTC 2006

> I'd like to know how you turn your myth box on using the IR remote
> though.  I'm using the IR receiver that came with my Hauppauge Nova-t
> and IFAIK I can't use this for powering up [I'd be happy to be proved
> wrong].

I'd also be very interested in knowing how this is done. Currently, my
power button kills mythfrontend and since its a combined FE/BE and the
BE is set to shutdown if idle, this will also shut the machine down
assuming nothing is recording and there are no flagging jobs running.
I use nvram-wakeup then to automatically power the machine on when it
needs to record the next show