[mythtv-users] QMYSQL3 Error on Fedora FC4 x86_64

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 13:03:47 UTC 2006

Would this be something that should be updated in CVS, or should the user
create symlinks to point to the correct files?
I am not linux savvy enough to "fix it by seeding copies of libraries all
over a replacement library tree."

As far as looking at the MythTv source: the following 3 files have "QMYSQL"
in them:
dbsettings.cpp
mythcontext.cpp
mythdbcon.cpp

So far I think a lot of people would be grateful for instructions on a
solution to this issue!  Please keep submitting advice!

-Brian

Geoff Said: <QUOTE>
	I remember running across this problem. It turned out to be due to a
	change in name of the qt libraries, from something like 'qt' to
	'qt-3.3'. I don't remember how this eventually went away, but I
remember
	attempting to fix it by seeding copies of libraries all over a
	replacement library tree.

	You may want to look at the source for mythtv-setup to see what it
is
	actually calling...it is probably trying to call something which
does
	not exist on your system...

	(I presume that you have actually included the qt libraries when
	installing mysql etc.)

	Geoff
<END QUOTE>