[mythtv-users] Still Can't Get pcHDTV-3000 Installed

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 12 04:41:43 UTC 2006

On Jan 11, 2006, at 9:00 PM, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> I assume you mean this "How To"?
>
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_MythTV

Correct, so you saw the portion I cited.

> I chose the same options for my kernel as shown under th "pcHDTV
> HD-3000
> Card" heading.  The menuconfig automatically includes DVB_CX22702=m
> and
> DVB_OR51132=m in your config file when you select:
>
> Multimedia devices --->
>     <M> Video For Linux
>         Video For Linux --->
>             <M> Conexant 2388x (bt878 successor) support
>             <M>   DVB Support for cx2388x based TV cards
>
> If you enter "Customize DVB Frontends --->" after selecting the above,
> you will see that you can not set options for
>
> [-] Conexant cx22702 demodulator (OFDM)
>
> Or
>
> [-] OR51132 based (pcHDTV HD3000 card)
>
> So as far as I can tell, I'm missing something else.  Any ideas?

Unfortunately no, but I have a HD-3000 card that I haven't got around
to setting up yet, so I am very interested in this matter. I just
remembered seeing that portion of the HT.

I'm not sure what version of the kernel the HowTo was written for,
things seem to be changing even now with the video devices support.
I'm not looking forward to the upcoming "merge", although I guess in
the long run it will help.

Isn't "Customize DVB frontends" under DVB and not v4l? This would
seem to mean that it should not be selected if you chose v4l conexant
support. But I'm not anywhere near certain of this.

Unfortunately it will be a few days before I can play with my 3000
card,  but I'll certainly pass along anything I figure out.