[mythtv-users] Has somebody got a *complete* list of dependencies for mythburn?

Sdk sdkovacs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 22:26:15 UTC 2006

On 1/11/06, Thomas R. Bruce <trb2 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Crew:
>
> I've been trying to get mythburn running.  This appears to be a matter
> of getting it from CVS and then trying to follow a progression of
> bug-stomps reported via various discussion spaces.  I'm having trouble
> doing this, for a couple of reasons strongly tied to my own ignorance
> about how transcoding and DVD burning work, made worse by the scattered
> nature of information about mythburn.
>
> First, which packages/software does mythburn require as prerequisites
> for installation?  Which version of ProjectX, for example? Does someone
> have a comprehensive list, including further dependencies by required
> packages? (for example, ProjectX is either bitching that it needs more
> java libraries from somewhere or other, or it's bitching that it needs
> the means to get them itself, I can't tell which).  I'm installing on
> top of FC4.
>
> Second, can someone briefly describe for me, step-by-step, the process
> that mythburn is implementing?  It would be very useful to know what
> sort of intermediate files/outputs it's expecting from one stage to the
> next, as I have no conceptual map of what series of transformations it's
> trying to make.
>
> Just trying to catch a clue here, but lacking a net.
>
> Best,
> Tb.
>
> --

This really may not be complete. I'm doing this mostly off the top of
my head and this is my experience with mythburn CVS installing on
Fedora Core 3 as of about 3 weeks ago.
This is the howto I loosely followed when installing.

http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=MythTVBurn_Scripts_HowTo

1) ProjectX .82 ( You may be able to use .90 but youll have to muck
around with the mythburn scripts.
2) Xvfb
3) dvdauthor
4) mjpegtools
5) ImageMagic

For projectx, I made a shell script called /usr/local/bin/projectx
containing the following:
#!/bin/bash
java -jar /usr/local/bin/projectx_dir/ProjectX.jar $@

The projectx_dir above is just a directory where I untarred projectx .82 into.

I followed the instructions on pulling down the latest from CVS, but
instead of mkdir /myth/mythburn, I just did mkdir /myth because I had
trouble with the install script looking for files it couldnt find.

Thats all I remember now.