[mythtv-users] ivtv and dvb living together in same box

casey dunn casey.dunn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:44:56 UTC 2006

> I believe there are problems using the bttv and dvb stuff at the same
> time.

Works fine here (WintvGO + Air2PC).

Somehow, every time they "improve" the kernel I wind up spending many
> hours just trying to get things working the way they used to:-)
>
> I *really* wish they would go back to having odd-numbered
> "development" kernel trees for those folks to play with, instead of
> constantly making API changes that break working systems with
> "production" kernels.

What we have to do is not upgrade once we've got a' working' config.  It's
like the livetv fixes.  If you stayed out of SVN you where fine, nothing
broke.

I agree with the versioning comment, it was a lot easier to track potential
problems as a user when we had and even/odd split between stable and dev.

BTW using 'we' was intentional I just broke my box dist-upgrading from
dapper.  Everything I needed worked fine last week.  :-)  When you're on the
bleeding edge expect to get cut.