[mythtv-users] B&O interfacing

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Wed Jan 11 12:28:38 UTC 2006

Hi,

Just curious who's interested in this topic (if anyone)... I've created
an interface to provide a PC interface with a B&O system. The current
design (http://www.ivor.it/beolink) allows you to read the non-standard
BEO4 infra-red remote control signals, but the interface can also be
used to connect direct to the B&O datalink wiring and read the datalink
messages.

At the moment the interface purely produces an RS232 stream, and I
haven't got around to actually hooking up to control mythtv yet...
however, this potentially opens up other possibilities for B&O
integration since it will be possible to detect events from other B&O
equipment and similarly would be possible to feed the datalink with data
from the PC. (for example you would be able to use your B&O remote on a
separate link room TV and get it to play the video off your main room
myth pvr).

So I wanted to find out what level of interest there is for this out there.

Cheers,

--
Ivor Hewitt.