[mythtv-users] Channel groups

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 01:18:21 UTC 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 19:52, Justin Hornsby wrote:
> It occurred to me tonight that a good number of mythtv users probably
> have access to a _lot_ of TV channels (duh).
>
> With the DVB radio patch, I now have access to some more.
>
> I'm currently working on integrating my cable box into mythtv. When
> that's done I'll have even more channels (like about 200 extra).  Okay -
> most of them are _dirge_ but a good few have shows I like to see
> occasionally.
>
> It's going to be tricky to find things to record & navigate through all
> of these lists of channels, so am I alone in thinking that it'd be
> really nice if mythtv allowed us to group channels into categories?
>
> TV - breaking down into subcategories like 'entertainment', 'news' ,
> 'music'.. yada yada yada.
>
> Radio (just to seperate it from TV so it's easier to tell which is which
> in the listings).
>
> Recordings can be grouped, so why not channels?
>
> I'm not in the habit of making feature requests, but I think this one
> would make poly-channel setups easier to live with.  I know it's no
> trivial task, so I'll understand if a loud 'no' is yelled in my
> direction ;-)
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Justin.

I don't see why one can't just use the show categories? If you look through
that category you'll get not only the channels dedicated to a certain
category (ie The Military History Channel) as well as any shows on other
channels that might not fit that category normally.

Get a subscription to TV Guide, the new format has an enlarged "what to watch
today" section.

--
Steve