[mythtv-users] Channel groups

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby2 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 10 00:52:43 UTC 2006

It occurred to me tonight that a good number of mythtv users probably
have access to a _lot_ of TV channels (duh).

With the DVB radio patch, I now have access to some more.

I'm currently working on integrating my cable box into mythtv. When
that's done I'll have even more channels (like about 200 extra).  Okay -
most of them are _dirge_ but a good few have shows I like to see
occasionally.

It's going to be tricky to find things to record & navigate through all
of these lists of channels, so am I alone in thinking that it'd be
really nice if mythtv allowed us to group channels into categories?

TV - breaking down into subcategories like 'entertainment', 'news' ,
'music'.. yada yada yada.

Radio (just to seperate it from TV so it's easier to tell which is which
in the listings).

Recordings can be grouped, so why not channels?

I'm not in the habit of making feature requests, but I think this one
would make poly-channel setups easier to live with.  I know it's no
trivial task, so I'll understand if a loud 'no' is yelled in my
direction ;-)

Any thoughts?

Justin.