[mythtv-users] AC3 through SPDIF?

Brian Donaldson brian.donaldson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 04:28:08 UTC 2006

Chris,

I don't have a HD setup, but AC3 is working through my spdif connection to
my receiver.  This may not help, but here's what I have:

My MythTV audio settings:
Audio output device = /dev/dsp
enable ac3 to spdif passthrough = unchecked
mixer device=/dev/mixer
mixer vontrols = pcm

[mythtv at localhost ~]$ cat /home/mythtv/.asoundrc
pcm.via82xx {
type hw
card 0
}

ctl.via82xx {
type hw
card 0

Also, I use Xine for MythVideo instead of mplayer.  Here is what I use to
launch it:

xine --fullscreen --hide-gui --auto-play --no-logo --no-splash --deinterlace

--

Brian