[mythtv-users] question about RAID

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 8 23:07:37 UTC 2006

If your goal is performance, and you are running a typical PC with
only 1 32-bit PCI bus, then watch out for saturating that bus. You
can get no more performance than the single PCI bus can deliver,
after that more drives give you more space at the cost of performance.

You would have to go to a 64-bit PCI bus and controllers made for it,
or additional buses, to get more performance.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org