[mythtv-users] Re: Lost Sound on PVR-350

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sun Jan 8 22:31:51 UTC 2006

Thanks for the pointers John. This system *was* working fine with kernel
2.6.13.2 and ivtv 0.4.0. I unsuccessfully tried to upgrade to 2.6.14.4 and
ivtv 0.4.1. When that failed, I tried rolling back to the previously working
config but *still* have no sound on playback.

John Harvey wrote:
> So my suggestion is go back to basics and make sure we know where it is
> broken.
>
> Presumably you are feeding the audio out of the 350 to the line in of the
> audio card?
> So for livetv/recordings  to fail to play audio there are several failure
> points
>
> 1) The recoding/tv has no audio
> 2) The playback from the 350 isn't generating any audio.
> 3) The line in of the audio card is muted/volume turned down etc.
>
> To check 1)
> Record something new and then play it with mplayer and check that you get
> audio out of your audio card.
>
> To check 2) Try tacking the line out of the 350 straight into the
> tv/speakers or whatever and play something from myth.

Yes, I configured the hardware this way. However, I have selected "Use the
PVR-350s TV Out/MPEG Decoder" and "Use hardware XvMC decoding" but *not* "TV
Audio through PVR-350 Only".

Doesn't that mean that the audio will not come out the external sound jack on
the 350? I am 99% sure (duh, didn't write it down!) that I did *not* have Line
In selected as the capture source in my previous config.