[mythtv-users] Re: Lost Sound on PVR-350

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 7 17:23:46 UTC 2006

So my suggestion is go back to basics and make sure we know where it is
broken.

Presumably you are feeding the audio out of the 350 to the line in of the
audio card?
So for livetv/recordings  to fail to play audio there are several failure
points

1) The recoding/tv has no audio
2) The playback from the 350 isn't generating any audio.
3) The line in of the audio card is muted/volume turned down etc.

To check 1)
Record something new and then play it with mplayer and check that you get
audio out of your audio card.

To check 2) Try tacking the line out of the 350 straight into the
tv/speakers or whatever and play something from myth.

If this works then the problem is 3) if it doesn't then we need to work out
why the 350 audio isn't working.

Alternatively assuming you are using a new x driver for the 350 you could
disable the 350 playback and it will revert to using Xv and audio will be
played through the audio card. This should work as a temporary workaround
though I play everything this way now since the latest dvb recordings can't
be played using the 350's decoder anyway.

John