[mythtv-users] Adding a slave to existing MBE

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 03:21:05 UTC 2006

"You have to setup the new tuners on the slave backend."

I've got a question about adding the tuners on the Slave. The Master Backend
has a tuner in it set to /dev/video0 and all is fine. The Slave Backend has
2 tuners in it but I only have the option to set them to /dev/video0 and
/dev/video1 and then they don't get added to the database after exiting
Mythtv-setup.

So, I must be doing something wrong? Any ideas? I'm connecting to the
database that has been verified?

My first thought is the 2 tuners in the Slave Backend should be /dev/video1
and /dev/video2 but the second item is not an option.