[mythtv-users] Sorting shows by name

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 7 00:09:21 UTC 2006

Chris Rouch wrote:

>On 12/22/05, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
>

>>Larry W wrote:
>>
>>>I noticed when I recorded multiple shows of "Commander in Chief" that
>>>I got two groups under the "watch recordings screen". One was for
>>>"Commander in Chief" and the other for "Commander In Chief". It seem
>>>that the sorting is case sensitive. Would it make sense to change it
>>>to ignore the case. Any thoughts on that?
>>>
>>They changed the title.  If you are using the SVN version of Myth, you
>>can edit the Title of the old shows to match the new ones and they will
>>all stay together.
>>
>In general though, it would be nice to at least have the option of
>ignoring case. Different programs have different ideas about what
>should be capitalised.

I think a commit that happened a few hours before you sent this message
changed it so that case is ignored when doing program title
comparisons.  ( http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8464 )

> It would also be nice to ignore the leading
>'The' (or 'Le', 'La', 'De', 'Het' etc.), so that e.g. The West Wing
>appears amongst the 'W's.

It does.  It ignores "The", "A", and "An" (or their translations, as
appropriate).  (Don't know fore sure when this went in--so it might not
be in 0.18--but it's definitely been in SVN for a _long_ time.)

Mike