[mythtv-users] Sorting shows by name

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 13:51:22 UTC 2006

On 12/22/05, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Larry W wrote:
>
> >  I noticed when I recorded multiple shows of "Commander in Chief" that
> > I got two groups under the "watch recordings screen". One was for
> > "Commander in Chief" and the other for "Commander In Chief". It seem
> > that the sorting is case sensitive. Would it make sense to change it
> > to ignore the case. Any thoughts on that?
>
> They changed the title.  If you are using the SVN version of Myth, you
> can edit the Title of the old shows to match the new ones and they will
> all stay together.

In general though, it would be nice to at least have the option of
ignoring case. Different programs have different ideas about what
should be capitalised. It would also be nice to ignore the leading
'The' (or 'Le', 'La', 'De', 'Het' etc.), so that e.g. The West Wing
appears amongst the 'W's.

Regards,

Chris