[mythtv-users] Fwd: Problem with XvMC being slow

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 17:37:14 UTC 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 00:05, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> On 1/5/06, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I could be way off base on this, but something in my memory is nagging
> > > me... something about maybe Nvidia's XvMC not supporting/performing
> > > well at certain resolutions?  Have you tried changing your horizontal
> > > resolution to something smaller, like 1024?
> >
> > No, but that's a good suggestion - I'll try it tonight.  Thanks.
>
> No luck.  I tried setting both X and the GUI setup in myth to 800x600
> and it's still slow playing HD.  Not stuttering, just slower than real
> time.  I didn't mention before, but I'm using pretty much a straight
> following of Jarod's guide with FC4, 2.6.14, on a P4 2.8.
>
> I'm so close to having beautiful HD playback, can anybody suggest things to
> try?

poney up for a faster processor? I know its prbly not an optioin, but with a
3.0 or 3.2GHz cpu you'll be able to play back HD without XvMC.
Does OpenGL sync work with XvMC? I dunno, but might be worth a try. Also, try
disabling any deinterlacing? Oh, what about audio buffering options, have you
played with those?
Also, don't forget you have to restart mythfrontend everytime you make one of
these changes. minor bug...

--
Steve