[mythtv-users] Recording two programs silmultaneously results in error - a raid error? something else?

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 03:59:20 UTC 2006

Hello!

Quick question. I have scanned the mailing list and no one else seems
to be running into the same problem.

When I record two programs that begin at the exact same time, one of
the programs results in an empty file. 0 bytes. MythWeb regards it as
file size B.

There is no error in the backend log until mythweb tries to look for
the video and cannot find/create the .png file.

here's the kicker. Only happens when I am running the video dir from a
software raid.
I have tried a number of combinations but no luck.

I am guessing it has something to do with the speed of the drives not
being able to start two recordings at the same time and handle the
raid?

At any rate, any advice on how to solve this problem would be great.

Thank you,
Dave