[mythtv-users] Transcoding on a non myth machine

Jay Ung jeunger at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 5 22:11:44 UTC 2006

I was wondering if it iis possible to transcode .nuv to avi on a machine
that is not a mythtv machine using nuvexport.    I am a total noob when it
comes to transcoding.  I would love to use my home server as the transcode
machine.  The mythtv box doesn't really have the horsepower.  But the server
is not a backend or have any mythtv stuff installed.  If it is possible to
transcode this way, is it possible to cut commercials?

Basically what I would love to do is record a program, copy it to the server
via cron job, cut commercials, and transcode to xvid, then move it back.  I
would love to do this completely automatically.  So am I smoking crack, or
is this possible.

Thanks,

joe