[mythtv-users] upgrading ivtv driver in knoppmyth?

James Howison james at freelancepropaganda.com
Thu Jan 5 21:57:12 UTC 2006

I'm running Knoppmyth R22 and would like to try the ivtv 0.4.1
drivers while trouble shooting tuning on one of the tuners of my
PVR500 (/dev/video1 is not working well).

Has anyone successfully done this yet?  Could you share the steps.  I
believe that it involves both a movement and renaming of the firmware
and a change to the kernel modules ... so I'm a bit nervous about
trying this.  Any success or horror stories?

Thanks,
James