[mythtv-users] slow startup, channel change

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 5 03:12:54 UTC 2006

I've got mythtv running and am loving it.  My main complaint is that,
on my pentium-III system, it is veyr slow to start up; "prescaling
images" takes a long time, after which there's a long (1 minute?)
pause until the menu comes up.  switching betweem menu items can be
slow too.

I know this is a slow system, but I have a hauppauge pvr-350
installed, so most of the heavy lifting should be taken care of.  Are
there any tweaks I can apply to speed up the funcitoning of the gui?

thanks very much,

matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094