[mythtv-users] Large LCD Televisions?

Joshua Ferraro jmf at kados.org
Wed Jan 4 23:51:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 04:36:46PM -0700, James C. Dastrup wrote:
> No, PC input is the same quality as DVI. At least on my TV
> (Samsung 61" DLP and ATI 9600), PC and DVI/HDMI quality is equal.
Hmmm ... well I might be doing something wrong ... but my first
impression is what I'm seeing in text mode (haven't gotten X to
start yet). With HDMI/DVI, though the terminal does creep off the
screen (meaning I can't actually see the cursor :-)), the clarity
of the ascii chars is crystal; with the PC input, the letters are
blurry and seem to be be shuddering quite a bit.

> Also FYI, I'm not sure if it's my ATI card's DVI out, or my TV's processing,
> but when I use HDMI, there is a slight delay in the picture from the source.
> This results in the audio being out of sync, although it is very very slight.
> I can compensate with my receiver's adjustements, but I don't have to when
> I use PC.
Interesting ... so that means you've actually gotten the DVI/HDMI output
on the ATI working with your Samsung? Weird about the delay ... I wonder
if it has to do with the fact that DVI is only video and you're using anothe
source for audio input from your PC to the TV (rather than using the HDMI
audio which would be ideal if there was a video card that supported HDMI).

Joshua