[mythtv-users] freeze when switch to record

Cyber Source peter at cybersource.us
Wed Jan 4 14:35:50 UTC 2006

Hello All,
  I have this EXTREMELY annoying problem. I have an Avermedia M179 card
using the ivtv modules. I can record fine if I do a "cat /dev/video0 >
/tmp/somevid.mpg" but when I try to record in Myth the moment it starts
to record the screen goes with all straight vertical lines and no sound.
If I start the mythfronted from terminal, I can see that it is bitching
about invalid file handle when opening /var/lib/mythtv/blahblah... and
the name of the file is really long. Any ideas on this one?? TIA!
--
cybersource.us
                         115 Richfield Road