[mythtv-users] Fedora - any new versions in the pipeline?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 02:05:40 UTC 2006

>  Are there
> any new versions of Fedora coming down the line that I should
> consider, or is the latest build on their site good enough?

Fedora core 5 expected out March 2006
http://fedora.redhat.com/About/schedule/

But... a newer OS distribution really has nothing to do with how well
mythtv works.

There certainly are disadvantages to running a "too new" distribution
with "too new" packages that don't quite work properly with mythtv (or
none at all ;)

Likewise, there are a number of advantages to running an older, well
debugged and supported distribution with a large population of content
users.

If you want to use Fedora and MythTV, I'd recommend FC4 and Jarod's guide.

-Ross