[mythtv-users] X Output on PVR-350

Rajeev Goonewardene fedora at ready2think.com
Wed Jan 4 01:25:47 UTC 2006

David Robison wrote:

> I've seen some write ups on this problem but I am still unclear how to
> solve it. I have a PVR-350 card and I'm trying to run the X output on
> the card. However, the mythtv screens are clipped on all sides. It
> as if
> the X screen is larger than the PVR-350 screen. I've tried various
> changes in my xorg.conf file but that does not seem to make a
> difference. Any guidence would be appreciated. I'm using the xorg.conf
> from http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/xorg.conf-PVR350.txt.

I had this problem as well with my PVR350 and TV Out on Fedora Core 4.

Here are some things to try:

I followed the following document for setup:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php?
SID&expandables=closed&ivtv=open&pvr350out=open

If you use Fedora Core 4, there is a paragraph about a bug in "urw-
fonts" package in Fedora Core 4 - this helped somewhat  Search for
"urw-fonts" in the above document.

Next, in the documentation from the mythtv site:
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html
I followed the directions under "MythTV Dimensions" and played around
with the x/y sizes and offsets and it fixed the screens and things
seem to work.

I also made changes some as per the section on "Overscan Dimensions".

Hope it helps,

Rajeev.