[mythtv-users] Frontend - Backend : Connectivity

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 01:15:43 UTC 2006

On 1/2/06, R <rawgarlic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will this work?
>
> In THIS house, the Backend is connected to Comcast cable.
> It is also connected to Comcast internet behind a firewall.
>
> My relative lives across the street.
> We could put a Frontend in THAT house behind that firewall.
>
> Make the appropriate changes to both the firewalls so that the
> Frontend and Backend can communicate with eachother.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Or is it better to just get wireless gear, secure it of course,
> and forget connectivity over the internet?
>
> Our houses are about 100 feet apart.

If you have broadband connections that are 10MBit or greater, you can
use a VPN between the two servers to establish a "Local Network" over
the broadband connection.

This is unlikely, so a better bet would be to go wireless between the
two, as has been details by others.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston