[mythtv-users] Lost Sound on PVR-350

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Jan 2 16:42:31 UTC 2006

I recently tried upgrading ivtv from 0.4.0 to 0.4.1 and the kernel from
2.6.13.2 to 2.6.14.4. In the process I somehow lost sound on live tv and
  while playing back recorded programs that I am sure have sound.

I still have sound through Xine and MythMusic.

I have rolled everything back to 0.4.0 and the original kernel but still
don't have sound on the recordings.

I am at a loss what to do next. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Myth is installed from the ATrpms collection. Along the way I noticed
that a mix of i386 and x86_64 RPMs were installed. I cleaned that up and
only x86_64 versions are left. Could I have missed something there?

"Use PVR-350 TV out/MPEG decoder" *is* selected. "TV audio through
PVR-350" is *not* selected. Alsamixer settings should be correct since I
am getting sound out of Xine and MythMusic.

The correct msp3400.ko is being loaded.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kirk