[mythtv-users] Hiding channels to avoid scheduling shows on them

Moasat mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 1 22:07:01 EST 2006

> On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 10:00:42AM -0600, Moasat wrote:
> > I thought that by hiding the channels, it would prevent the
> scheduler
> > from picking shows on those channels but it appears to be
> doing it anyway.
> > Shouldn't hiding be enough?  Or do I have to actually delete them?
>
> I think hiding channels only applies to the listings browser.
>  If you don't want data for a channel and are using zap2it
> then you should go to that web site and remove the channel
> from your lineup.  You can then either wait 2 weeks for the
> old listings to expire or use the mythtv-setup program to
> wipe the schedule and then download a fresh set for all 14 days.

Seems like a simple thing but the monstrous sql command in scheduler.cpp is
too much for me to figure out.  I would've thought that I'd have to add
something like WHERE channel.visible = 1 or something but there's no WHERE
clause in there and I'm not sure adding one will do the trick.  Anyone know
for sure?  I'm not set up for development on my systems.

I'm thinking that hiding a channel should hide it from everything, not just
the guide.