[mythtv-users] Frontend question

Jo Shields directhex at apebox.org
Fri Feb 3 12:40:47 UTC 2006

Stuart Fox wrote:

>>>which

>>>all

>>>;-)

>>>'frontend'

>>>watching

>>>backend

>>That's for recorded programmes.
>>
>>The plugins (videos, music, gallery) do need NFS/SAMBA
>>

>Thats interesting and not a problem.
>
>Is that a design feature or are all plugins likely to change to stream
>using the myth protocol? (theoretical discussion not a dig:) )
>
>Cheers

A mythbackend's job is to provide MythTV-specific stuff - i.e. Live TV &
recordings. Music/Video/Pictures could be (and in my case are) on a
completely different host, including a Windows file server. There's no
reason to try & shoehorn a few jpegs into the mythtv protocol, given
that's not what it's there for