[mythtv-users] Frontend question

Stuart Fox stuart at dontuse.ms
Fri Feb 3 11:48:43 UTC 2006

>> which

>> all

>> ;-)

>> 'frontend'
>> watching

>> backend

>> > Myth protocol. No need for NFS or Samba.
>
> That's for recorded programmes.
>
> The plugins (videos, music, gallery) do need NFS/SAMBA

Thats interesting and not a problem.

Is that a design feature or are all plugins likely to change to stream
using the myth protocol? (theoretical discussion not a dig:) )

Cheers

capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?