[mythtv-users] Update to my new system

JDeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 3 12:20:51 UTC 2006

Boy its been a bit of a struggle for me. But things are working.

I want to thank those that took the time on the mailing list to help me
work out my problems on my new box. Here is what I went through to get
things working.

1. First attempt included a non supported audio chip on a "all in one"
motherboard in microatx format. nforce chipset. I could have died right
there!

2. new motherboard (abit) with pvr 250 card, Wireless network using
ndiswrapper loader.

3. Screen resolution problems! Finally corrected in xorg.conf file with
the help of mail group with the 'Option "TVOverScan" "0.3"' put in.

4. Wife complaining of "high pitched sqweel" from system. Demands it be
fixed or leave mythtv box off. Or going home to mother. (Hummm. Ok, she
can stay <grin>).

5. Replaced power supply with high quality 400 watt unit. Squeel is
gone!

6. System would just turn off after about 2 minutes of boot up. Would
not turn on again. Fixed loose power connection to motherboard.

7. Wireless card falling to sleep after a few minutes. Hummm, New power
supply fixed problem? Possibly. Will know tonite.

Now life is good.

Thanks again to the mail group. Without your support I dont think I
would have gotten this up and running so quick.

jDeGraw