[mythtv-users] Upcoming Recordings issue after upgrade

Rob Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 02:35:09 UTC 2006

Hello all.

Today, I upgraded my mythbox from mythtv-0.19 to mythtv-0.20.  The
upgrade appeared to go smooth, and I experienced no errors from
mythbackend of mythfrontend after the upgrade.  Upon inspection, I
discovered that the upcoming recordings section (on both mythweb and
mythfrontend) is now displaying show listings that were not there
before the upgrade.  Here's a photo to help illustrate the
problem (http://136.183.7.250/Airdate.jpg).  Here are some of the symptoms:

1) The show has an original airdate of 1969-12-31
2) The show listed does not coincide with the TV listings.  For
example, Boston Legal is listed for Friday at 10pm.  However, the TV
Listings section does not show BostonLegal on at that time or channel.
3) The show is not scheduled to record, it's just listed as a possible
activation.
4) Under mythfrontend in the upcoming recording section, the show is
listed with a "Not Listed" tag on it.

I tried using mythtv-0.20, and mythtv-0.20-fixes.  Both exhibit this
problem.  If I restore myth-0.19 (from backups), the problem goes
away.  I tried searching the list but this problem appears to be
unique.

Stats about my system:
OS - Fedora Core 3
kernel - 2.6.12.3
mythtv - compiled from src.

My biggest concern is what to do if this problem doesn't go away, or
if myth starts to record shows that no don't coincide with the TV
listings.

--
-Rob

Ben Franklin Quote: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain
a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."