[mythtv-users] Slave backend for commercial flagging

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 19:03:34 UTC 2006

On 12/28/06, Mark Chang <mark.chang at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've searched for a bit, and I didn't find anything (even though I
> know it is out there)....
>
> I have a spare fast box that I want to use for commercial flagging. My
> main Myth box is a combined FE/BE system and has all the recordings. I
> understand that I need to set up a slave backend on the spare box and
> basically just run mythjobqueue to get it to do work for me.
>
> My question is: do I have to mount the videos on the slave BE from the
> master BE for this to work? I didn't find that information anywhere.
>
> Second, I'd like the master FE/BE to be available for flagging like
> from 2am-10am... I am assuming that it will just get in the queue when
> it is ready.

you don't need to setup a slave backend or mount the recording dir to
do commflagging (transcoding is adifferent story i think).  just run
mythjobqueue on the commflagging host and the recordings will be
streamed using the mythtv protocol.

you can set the time restrictions on flagging using mythtv-setup (or
whatever the setup program is called if using packages).  the jobqueue
specific stuff is the last couple of pages of general.  don't change
any of the other stuff outside of general and when done exit.  you may
see a dialog about not being able to find the myth recording dir but
just say no, i know what i'm doing.

then you should be set!  we have our fast frontends commflag while all
the slow backend does is record tv.