[mythtv-users] programgenres hosed...

Glenn Harris gharris+list+mythtv at eklo.com
Tue Dec 26 21:14:47 UTC 2006

I just had a bunch of kernel panics over the weekend.  In my case it
seems to be hardware related .. but in the process of diagnosing that
I ended up with quite a few blown up mysql tables.  I found this in
the MySQL reference manual:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/repair.html

Short summary:
backup your data tables!
(from a console)
cd to the directory with your mythtv tables
check for troubled tables with
  $ myisamchk *.MYI
fix troubles tables with (quick repair)
  $ myisamchk -r -q <tablename>
if that does not work, it should tell you what you need to do to fix
them, in my case it was removing the 'quick' option
  $ myisamchk -r <tablename>

There are some other options in the linked page above, but those three
commands served my needs.  Good luck!

--Glenn