[mythtv-users] programgenres hosed...

Brian Guilfoos mythtv at guilfoos.com
Sun Dec 24 15:06:00 UTC 2006

I had a kernel panic last night on my database server that must have
occurred during an access to the programgenres - because the table is
now marked as "in use" in phpMyAdmin, and a repair operation returns:

mythconverg.programgenres  	repair  	error  	Incorrect file format
'programgenres'

When I try to run my (new, unfortunately) mysqldump script, I get:

mysqldump: Got error: 130: Incorrect file format 'programgenres' when
using LOCK TABLES

It seems like my only recourse is to drop the table and recreate it, but
I already know (from a previous problem) that mythtv won't gracefully
handle missing tables.  I can't find the current table design on the
web.  Could someone provide the table structure for me?  Or does anyone
have any other suggestions to fix/prevent this in the future?

My current plan is to frequently dump the database so that if a
corruption occurs again I can roll back to an old copy, at least until I
fix the kernel panic issues.