[mythtv-users] Mounting usb drive on ubuntu myth box

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sun Dec 24 13:20:59 UTC 2006

Do an dmesg  to find out the name - probably something like /dev/sda

Make a directory where you want to mount it - I generally use /mnt/sda1

do:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1

If you have other SCSI devices on your computer, the USB key will be
the end of the line - i.e. if you have 2 SCSI hard drives, I'd guess
the hard drives would be sda, sdb, then the USB drive will be sdc.

dmesg should tell you what letters to use, and how many partitions on
the key.

Cheers - Piers