[mythtv-users] Don touch your dial folks, we will be right back after this announcement!

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Dec 25 06:08:19 UTC 2006

F Peeters (MythTV) wrote:
> Merry Christmas to all!
>
> Just out of curiosity a quick Poll: How will you spend your Christmas?
>
> I'll (partially) spend my Christmas break on building a new backend
> server!  ;-)
>
> (Now if only my Intel (D865GLC) board behaved as it should, instead of
> turning off all the time due to thermal events (overheating) when there
> isn't any... SIGH)

I'll be scrambling around to make at least 1 TV out of the 3 work in the
house since nearly everyone attending Christmas dinner is itching to
watch the football game.  My heavily hacked DirecTivo's hard drive is
dying, and I wasn't quite ready to take the full plunge in to a
BE/multiple-FE configuration.

For the short term, I moved my testing FE in place of the DirecTivo, and
I'm hunting for bargains on a couple of shuttle barebones systems. :)

-Rich