[mythtv-users] MythTV video lockups? or X lockup?

Darren fender_bender at aandr.com.au
Fri Dec 22 12:42:24 UTC 2006

I have had similar problems with mandriva 2006 but I was attempting to
shutdown while the frontend was running. The xserver would not respond to
anything just a blank screen. I had to ssh into it and shutdown with -r
option. No explanation to what was happening just make sure I close the
frontend. My graphics card is a Nvidia fx 5600.
> Hi,
> I'm having some odd lockups with the MythTV display. I first noticced it
> when using the keyboard to move through the mythtv-setup options.
> I noticed if I used the keyboard to move too fast through the
> settings/options it would
> completely lock up?! If I waited a second before moving through the
> options it seems
> find.
>
> I could not use ctrl-alt-F1 etc to get back to a console.
> I could however ssh in to the box and shut it down etc. Nothing was
> obvious in the logs
> and myth-setup still seemed to be running, killing it and even killing X
> had no noticable effect on the video, it was still frozen where it had
> locked up on the monitor!?
> Of course it may be nothing to do with Myth.
> When using Xfce on the same box it does not seem to lockup though.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 6.10 on an Athlon 64, with an Nvidia fx5200 card.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> thanks
> Mike

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove
all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln